If you’re just starting the home buying process, and you’re a first-time homebuyer (or it’s been a while), you may be interested to know how the home buying process works. It isn’t as simple as HGTV can make it out to be, but with the help of an experienced sales professional, you can be in your new home in no time. Here’s an overview of what you can expect during the Home Buying Process.
Step 1: Getting Started
- Contact a HUNT Real Estate sales professional.
- Meet with your HUNT Agent. Get to know them and ask questions about their experience and what you should expect from your home buying experience
- Get Prequalified. Pre-qualification is important for a multitude of reasons. It lets sellers know you’re serious about your offer and helps you identify your budget. For more information on pre-qualification, check out HUNT Mortgage.
Step 2: On the HUNT for Your House
- Enroll in my house hunt and be the first to know when listings go live
- Find your perfect home and work with your sales professional to place an offer
- Negotiate and get an offer accepted
Step 3: Your Offer Was Accepted, now what?
- Contact your attorney (check out the HUNT Homeowners Club Attorneys) for approval
- Inspection(s): get you home inspected (also check out the HUNT Homeowners Club!)
- Apply for your mortgage: HUNT Mortgage has an online application that makes it easy to gather all of your documents and officially apply for your mortgage.
- Get a Homeowners Insurance policy from HUNT Insurance.
Step 4: Closing
- Loan Conditions Met: Finalize your mortgage paperwork and schedule your closing date.
- Final Walkthrough happens within 24 hours of your closing date.
- Closing Day
Step 5: Welcome to your new home!
There’s no set timeline for how long this process can take. For reference, according to the NAR, the average homebuyer looked for a median of 10 weeks to find their home, looking at a median of 9 homes during their search.