Are you considering selling your home? It can be a major decision to decide to sell your home. You could be looking for a larger space, or you’re ready to downsize. Whatever your reason for selling, it’s important that you familiarize yourself with the home selling process. Here’s a brief overview of what to expect and how to prepare for the sale of your home.
Understand Your Expectations
Are you selling to find a larger home? Are you looking for a bigger yard? Are you even going to buy another home? It’s important to know why you’re choosing to sell so that you can take care of your living situation following the sale of your home.
Be sure to discuss your expectations for the home selling experience with your real estate agent. They are going to be your partner throughout the process. They are also going to be a great resource for any questions you may have, including pricing!
Check out these blogs when you’re ready to work with an agent to sell.
- 4 Questions to Ask Your Listing Agent
- 5 Questions to Ask Yourself Before Selling
- Tips for a Low-Stress Home Sale in Today’s Market
- How HUNT Can List Your Home in Today’s Market
- First-Time Home Seller? You Should Always Use an Agent
Prepare Your Home for Sale
It’s important to make sure your home is ready for sale. There are quite a few things to get in order before listing, including collecting all the necessary paperwork, making home repairs, organizing your home, and staging your home for success.
Here are a few blogs to check out if you’re looking for more information:
- Quick Staging Tips for Sellers
- Create Curb Appeal on a Budget
- Does Staging Your Home Make a Difference? NAR Says “Yes”
- 3 Factors to Consider When Selling Your Home
Market Your Home
Now more than ever, it’s important to have a great marketing plan for your home. Once your home is ready for the market, you’ll need to advertise it to prospective buyers. HUNT Sales Professionals are experts in marketing your home and getting it in front of the right buyers. Learn more about how important it is to work with a real estate professional when selling your home the first time (or any time):
- Why You Should Use an Agent to Sell Your Home
- Digital Marketing Makes the Difference in Real Estate
- How HUNT Can Help List Your Home in Today’s Market
Negotiation, Sale & Closing
Once your home is listed on the market, buyers will view your home and decide if they’d like to place an offer. Your real estate sales professional can help walk you through all the offers so that you can make an informed decision before accepting.
Once you’ve accepted an offer, your sales professional will help guide you through the next steps before closing. HUNT Real Estate is a full-service real estate company, so we have the resources to help guide you through your entire home selling process! To learn more about negotiations and closings, check out these blogs:
- Breaking Down Closing Costs
- 3 Things to Expect When Closing on Your Home
- The Do’s & Don’ts of Selling Your Home
Still have questions? One of our HUNT Sales Professionals will be happy to help. If you’re thinking about selling your home, please reach out to a HUNT Sales Professional today.