Making your House a Home
When potential homebuyers make the decision to see the inside of your home, there are many things that you have been accustomed to seeing that may stand out to them.
In order for a homebuyer to take the first step in buying your home, they must feel at home the moment they walk through the door. What “home” should feel like depends on the homebuyer, but you can take several steps to help each homebuyer along the way.
In the next few weeks we will take you through creating the perfect space for potential homebuyers. However, please also utilize the expertise of your HUNT ERA real estate professional to help along the way.
The Grand Entrance
First impressions are everything. In the entry way, a potential homebuyer has an immediate sense of how they will receive your home. Decide which entry will be used when potential homebuyers come through and be sure to communicate that to your HUNT ERA real estate professional. The tips below will guide you in creating a grand entrance.
• Check the condition of your entry door and decide whether it should be painted or replaced.
• Place a wreath or other decorative item on the door.
• Below the door, place an inviting Welcome mat.
• Clear the entry of any clutter, including shoes.
• Make sure the entry hall closet is neat and organized.
• Thoroughly clean the area, including walls and ceilings.
• If the entry leads to a foyer, make sure that it is appropriately decorated.
• Place a vase of flowers on a table.
• Hang pictures or a mirror on the wall.
When getting ready to sell a home what do you do to get ready for potential buyers?
Stay in the loop by making sure you join our site in the right hand bar.
Next week we will discuss staging the living areas!