HUNT REAL ESTATE CORPORATION HOME VALUE SWEEPSTAKES (“Sweepstakes”) OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- SPONSOR: HUNT Real Estate Corporation, 430 Dick Road, Depew, New York 14043 (“Sponsor”)
- SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: Sweepstakes begins at 9 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) on June 1, 2021 and ends at 11:59 p.m. EST on June 30, 2021 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
- ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes is open only to individuals who are at least eighteen (18) years of age on the entry date, own a home in New York, and are legal residents of New York as of the beginning of the Sweepstakes Period. Employees, agents, officers, directors, members, managers, and owners of Sponsor, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, owners, members, equity holders, shareholders, directors, managers, officers, employees and their advertising agencies, promotional partners, and prize providers associated with this Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities” and each a “Sweepstakes Entity”), and their immediate families (spouse, domestic partner, parents, legal guardians, grandparents, grandchildren, siblings, children and “step” of each) and those individuals living in their same household(s) are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win the Prize.
- HOW TO ENTER: Individuals who participate in the Sweepstakes or submit an entry are hereafter referred to individually as an “Entrant” or collectively as “Entrants.” To enter the Sweepstakes, Entrants must visit Sponsor’s Home Value website (the “Website”), enter their home address and submit it, then claim ownership of their home by clicking the “I am the Owner” button, logging in, and completing the registration form. Entrants can reach the Website by visiting https://homevalue.huntrealestate.com/; going to https://www.huntrealestate.com/ and clicking the “What Is My Home Worth” button; or visiting one of Sponsor’s agent’s websites and clicking the “What’s Your Home Worth” link in the top navigation menu bar. During the Sweepstakes Period, participants must visit the Website and follow the promotion entry instructions to complete and submit an entry. Limit one (1) entry per person, per household. Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility of all Entrants. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the e-mail account is registered on the date the entry is submitted.
- WINNER SELECTION & NOTIFICATION: After the end of the Sweepstakes Period, Sponsor or its designee will select one (1) Entrant that properly completes all necessary steps as the potential Prize winner (the “Potential Winner”). The Potential Winner will be selected on July 1, 2021. The Potential Winner will be contacted by email (“Prize Notification”) on or before July 9, 2021 and must respond to that Prize Notification by email by 11:59 p.m. EST on the fourteenth (14th) day after the Prize Notification is sent (example: if the Prize Notification is sent on January 1, the Potential Winner must respond by 11:59 p.m. EST on January 15) to be confirmed as the Prize Winner.
If the Potential Winner does not respond to the Prize Notification within the aforementioned time period, then the Prize will be forfeited and an alternate Potential Winner may be selected by Sponsor or its designee in its sole discretion (and in such case this process will be repeated, adjusting the selection, notification, and confirmation dates accordingly).
- PRIZING: One (1) Prize Winner will receive the following (the “Prize”):
Google Nest Learning Thermostat. https://store.google.com/config/nest_learning_thermostat_3rd_gen?hl=en-US
Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of the Prize: $249.00.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
- PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: No portion of the Prize may be transferred, redeemed for cash or substituted, except by Sponsor (in its sole discretion), which reserves the right to substitute any portion of the Prize with a prize of equal or greater value for any reason, including, without limitation, Prize unavailability. All expenses not specifically identified as included in the Prize are the sole responsibility of the Prize Winner. The Prize, and all elements thereof, are subject to availability. The Prize is awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). Acceptance, participation in and/or use of the Prize is at Prize Winner’s sole risk and Sponsor is not responsible for any damages whatsoever including special, indirect, or consequential damages, arising out of or in connection with the use and/or misuse of the Prize.
Prize Winner will be solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and fees and other expenses associated with his/her Prize receipt and/or use that are not expressly included in the Prize description. The Prize Winner may be issued a 1099 tax form for the ARV of the Prize. Failure to take or complete any portion of the Prize does not relieve the Prize Winner of his/her tax obligations associated with winning the Prize.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Entrants waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules. All Entrants agree to follow the Official Rules and release, discharge, hold harmless and indemnify the Sweepstakes Entities and all of their respective members, managers, owners, equity holders, shareholders, officers, directors, parents, subsidiaries, partners, agents, employees, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) against any and all liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), with respect to or arising out of any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any promotional-related activity or participation in this Sweepstakes. In consideration for being awarded a Prize, or any portion thereof, each Prize Winner hereby agrees and consents, without further authorization, compensation or remuneration of any kind, to the use of Prize Winner’s name and/or likeness in any and all advertising, promotions and other publicity conducted by Sweepstakes Entities, except where prohibited by law. Sponsor reserves the right to modify the scheduling of the Sweepstakes without prior notification, and the right to make changes or additions to these Official Rules for any reason at any time. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, PRIZE WINNERS AND ENTRANTS RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS, THE RELEASED PARTIES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE MANAGERS, EQUITY HOLDERS, SHAREHOLDERS, MEMBERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, PARTNERS, SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS, AND REPRESENTATIVES FROM AND AGAINST ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES, INJURY OR LOSSES, TO ANY PERSON (INCLUDING DEATH), OR PROPERTY, OF ANY KIND, WHETHER NOW KNOWN, CURRENTLY EXISTING, OR HEREAFTER ARISING, RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE OR USE OF ANY PRIZE OR ANY PORTION THEREOF, OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES RELATED ACTIVITY OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for late, lost, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, undeliverable, destroyed, and/or lost, late, misdirected, undeliverable or incomplete entries due to system errors or failures, or faulty transmissions and/or entries not received resulting from any hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete or garbled computer or telephone transmissions, or for any problems or technical malfunction(s) of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, or entries not received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on computer networks, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in the Sweepstakes or downloading any material for the Sweepstakes, or other telecommunications malfunctions which may limit an entrant's ability to participate. Sponsor may prohibit an Entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning the Prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Entrants or Sponsor representatives. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, then Sponsor reserves its right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR OTHERWISE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING ANY ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY DOWNLOADING FROM OR PRINTING MATERIAL FROM THE WEBSITE. EVERYTHING ON THE WEBSITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. WINNERS AGREE THAT ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, WHETHER NOW KNOWN OR HEREINAFTER ENACTED, RELATIVE TO THE USE OR ENJOYMENT OF THE PRIZE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ITS QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. FURTHER, NO RESPONSIBILITIES ARE ACCEPTED FOR ANY ADDITIONAL EXPENSES, OMISSIONS, DELAYS, OR RE-ROUTING RESULTING FROM ANY ACTS OF ANY GOVERNMENT OR AUTHORITY.
- DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, as a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate state or federal court located in Buffalo, New York; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards on behalf of Entrant shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, if any, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees, and in no event to exceed two hundred fifty dollars ($250); and (iii) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives to the fullest extent permissible by law, all rights to claim indirect, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased; and (iv) this Sweepstakes and any dispute arising under or related thereto (whether for breach of contract, tortious conduct or otherwise) will be governed by the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to its conflicts of law or choice of law principles or rules that would cause the application of any other state’s laws.
- WINNER’S LIST/RULES: For a copy of the of the Official Rules visit https://www.huntrealestate.com/sweeptstakes-rules or send a legal-size, self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “Hunt Real Estate Corporation Sweepstakes Rules”, 430 Dick Road, Depew, New York 14043.
To find out who won, send a legal-size, self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “Hunt Real Estate Corporation Sweepstakes Winners”, 430 Dick Road, Depew, New York 14043. Requests must be received no later than three (3) months following the end of the Sweepstakes Period. Only one (1) request for either Official Rules or Sweepstakes Winners will be fulfilled for each separately mailed outer envelope.